KEEPING THE FAITH – Steve Deltasix

A brand new year and 2011 brings a new SPORTS INVESTMENT challenge. That challenge is too keep making money !!!.

The year just ended was pretty good, I started my SPORTS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO in June 2010 and have added a few new systems which have proved profitable, I have now settled on my portfolio for 2011 and will be KEEPING THE FAITH in the systems.

People keep stating to me that you can not make money from gambling – yes you can – life is a gamble, we all have to make decisions that affect our lives on a daily basis, is that not a gamble ?.

Back to the real point, I made a profit in 2010 ( I had a losing month in October ) all my bets were proofed to PAUL RUFFY (at) BETTINGPROFITSBLLETIN.COM so it can be done and it is fun, along with a few heartaches on the journey!!.

I have settled on my SPORTS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO for 2011 and i will be KEEPING THE FAITH.

For those that are interested here is the portfolio.

1.  WINNINGRACINGTIPS  @ WINNINGRACINGTIPS.CO.UK

I use a £6000 Betting Bank and an £800 Betting Bank for the above system.

I use the £6000 Bank for Main account bets and the £800 for Main account bets and           Bonus Bets.

2.  PRICEWISE SELECTIONS IN THE RACING POST NEWSPAPER.

I Bet to £120.00 a point ( usually £60.00 each way)

The newspaper can be bought online as a digital display @ RACINGPOST.COM.

3.  PRICEWISE EXTRA @ RACINGPOST.COM IN THE TIPPING SECTION

I bet to £120.00 a point ( usually £60.00 each way ).

4.   WWW.INSIDERBET.CO.UK – £100 a point on selections

5.   WWW.SPORTSBETUSA.CO.UK (Formerly TheLinebacker) £100 a point on selections

6.   WWW.BETBANKALERTS.CO.UK – £100 a point on selections

7.   LUNCHTIME PROFIT ALERT @ WWW.SHORTCUTPUBLICATIONS.CO.UK

£100.00 a point on selections.

8.     WWW.ALLWEATHERBACKINGSYSTEM.COM

£100 a point on selections

9.    RACING POST NEWSPAPER – GOLF SELECTIONS

£15.00 a point on all selections.

10. MY OWN “NAG ME” SELECTIONS
£30 a point. (More on these another time!)

Well that’s my Portfolio, I am not selling anything and I am not financially involved with any of the above web-sites, in fact I subscribe to them so it costs me money !!!.

I will be KEEPING THE FAITH in the above portfolio, and will be giving you snippets of my investments in the coming months and hopefully have a few laughs and moans on the journey through 2011.

STEVE DELTASIX

PS – Simon Whitlock did well !!!!

This entry was posted in Articles, Guest Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to KEEPING THE FAITH – Steve Deltasix

1. malcolm says:

Hi Steve. I have just stumbled across this section of the site. Interesting reading. I would love to be where you are today in terms of your betting.
    I had planned to quit work in January of this year but have postponed my decision until the end of March. I am just not quite there yet in terms of a decent bank behind me.
    Please keep us updated as to your progress.
    I have found that posting my LUCKY 15’s on here has kept me better disciplined….maybe I should post ALL my betting on here !!!!!
    Good luck for the future……………..Malcolm Miles

2. steve Deltasix says:

Hi Chris – true Its not been good lately – had a bit of luck tonight on ROUGH SKETCH – I had £120 each way at 12/1 with BET365 – they have refunded my £240 stake – what lovely people – I do think BT365 are the best by far.

Steve

• Richard says:

The faith has been tested to the full these last 3 months, as although Pricewise had a great Cheltenham, since then he’s only had 3 winners @ 16s, 20s & 8s,(best prices), up to and including 11th May but from a total of 50 odd tips , while Pricewise Extra has been abysmal, (from the last 80 odd tips there have been only 5 winners! @ 7/2, 4s, 9/2, 5/4 & 4s again. This is dire indeed but Tom Segal always does well from May to August,(inc), and you have to taper your stakes accordingly. Hope you still have ammo for the coming months Steve. All the Best.

3. Chris says:

Hi Steve,

It’s good to have faith, but I bet your faith has been tested over the last few weeks with PW Extra. A few days ago, we had a horse fall at a fence when going well, and today what a joke of a race that was!! Rough sketch was in a good position to challenge as well with only 4 furlongs to go. I can’t believe all the jockeys pulled up…ah well, there’s always tomorrow.

Chris

4. steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Sun 13th February 2011 – Exeter 4.00 – RATFY – £60 each way @ 5/1 VICTOR CHANDLER – WON @ 9/2 Profit £324 ( Rule 4 applied ).

5. steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Sat 12th February 2011- REGINALINHO – 4.20 Warwick – £60 each way @ 7/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 13/2.

No PRICEWISE selections as Newbury was abandoned.

6. steve Deltasix says:

Hi Chris – I’ve ordered his book – I felt I had too after last weekend !!!!.

I have felt for a while that backing each way the Pricewise Extra is not paying as well as it should – trouble is it goes against my principles not to back anything over 7/2 each way – hence the reason I will continue to back each-way.

With the Pricewise Extra selections you have basically 30 seconds to get your bets on at anywhere near the porices they quote – I try to have all my accounts open on the Internet at 11.50 and spring in to action – Steve

7. steve connolly says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Thurs 10th February 2011 – KATMAI RIVER – £120 each way @ 8/1 and 17/2 LADBROKES / PADDY POWER – Unplaced @ 4/1.

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Fri 11th February 2011 – RIGID – £60 each way @ 7/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 4/1

• Chris says:

Hi Steve,

That was a great golf tip eh! I’m planning on buying his book; it looks a good read. I’ve decided to take the plunge and have signed up for the Pricewise Extra service. The stakes I use are a lot lower than yours, but I too will be “keeping the faith” and hoping for a profitable year. The tips so far have all started at big prices and have been backed into much shorter prices, so I think they are good tips-just been hitting the crossbar a bit lately. I’ve also been playing it each way, but since signing up have had 2 wins and no places, so I’m thinking of just opting for the win as it seems to be all or nothing. Anyway, I’ll see what happens.

Hope you have a profitable weekend.

Cheers,

Chris

8. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA -Tues 8th February 2011 – CAESERS RETURN – £60 each way @ 6/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 8/1 (BOG).

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Wed 9th February 2011 – BRINGEWOOD BELLE – £60 each way @ 12/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 13/2.

9. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Mon 7th February 2011 – MAXIMIX – 4.15 Lingfield Park – £60 each way @ 6/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 6/1.

10. Steve Deltasix says:

What a great golf selection by Steve Palmer of the RACING POST – as mentioned above I do £15 a point on the RACING POST selections hence :

£15.00 each way – THOMAS BJIORN to win the Quatar Masters @ 175/1 with BOYLESPORTS – The bet returned £3,311.25 – What a great result.

KEEP THE FAITH and you will be rewarded

Steve Deltasix

11. Steve Deltasix says:

Herewith the latest PRICEWISE/PRICEWISE EXTRA selections :

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Wed 2nd February 2011 – PERTUIS – £60 each way @ 4/1 BET365 – unplaced @ 11/4 Favourite (unlucky in running – hampered when challenging).

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Thurs 3rd February 2011 – DANDEREK – £60 each way @7/1 BET365 – unplaced @ 7/1.

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Fri 4th Fbruary 2011 – SERIOUS DRINKING – £60 each way @7/2 BET365 – unplaced @ 5/2 Favourite.

PRICEWISE – Sat 5th February 2011 – CAPTAIN CHRIS – £60 each way @ 9/2 BET365
    – Second @ 4/1 – Profit £7.50.

PRICEWISE – Sat 5th February 2011 – QUIATH DE THAIX – £60 each way @ 16/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 14/1.

PRICEWISE – Sat 5th February 2011 – MISTER HYDE – £60 each way @ 9/2 BET365 – Unplaced @ 7/2 Favourite.

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Sat 5th February 2011 – PRO PELL – £60 each way @ 8/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 12/1 (BOG).

PRICEWISE EXTRA – SUN 6th February 2011 – MARODIMA – £60 each way @ 13/2
    BET365 – WON @ 6/1 ( BOG Rule 4 ) – PROFIT £432.00

12. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Mon 31st January 2011 – Wolverhampton 4.20 – YANKEE STORM – £60 each way @ 9/2 BET365 – Unplaced @ 9/2.

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Tues 1st February 2011 – Taunton 3.20 – MARSH COURT – £60 each way @ 8/1 BET365 – WON @ 9/1 (BOG) PROFIT £648

Get in there for a great start to the month

Steve Deltasix

January 2011 was a winning month for me as well – Yes.

13. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Sun 30th January 2011 – Punchestown 2.50 – TORNADO SHAY – £60 each way @ 11/4 BET365 – Unplaced @ 3/1 (BOG).

14. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE and PRICEWISE EXTRA – Since 17th June 2010 @ £120.00 per advised point – PROFIT is £6,593.55.

Not a bad service providing you KEEP THE FAITH.

15. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE – Sat 29th January 2011 – Cheltenham 2.00 – BAKBENSCHER – £60 each way @ 11/1 PADDY POWER – Third @ 10/1 – Profit £65.40.

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Sat 29th January 2011 – Fairyhouse 2.10 – MASKED PHANTHOM – £60 each way @ 11/2 VICTOR CHANDLER – Unplaced @ 9/2.

16. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE – Fri 28th January 2011 – STEWARTS HOUSE – 2.55 Gowran Park – £60.00 each way – £5 each way @ 20/1 WILLIAM HILL £55 each way PADDY POWER @ 20/1 – Unplaced @ 12/1.

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Fri 28th January 2011 – Lingfield 2.50 – PRIZE POINT – £60 each way @ 8/1 BET365 – WON @ 3/1. PROFIT £576.

Get in there

17. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Thurs 27th January 2011 – Kempton 7.20 – DIRICULUS – £120 each way @ 7/2 BET365 – Unplaced at 9/” (BOG).

18. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA _ Wed 26th January 2011 – Kempton 5.35 – DAUNTSEY PARK – £60 each way @ 14/1 BOYLESPORTS – Unplaced @ 9/1.

19. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Tues 25th January 2011 – Leicester 3.40 – ANTONIUS CAESAR £60 each way @ 7/1 BET365 – WON @ 13/2 Profit £504

Another nice day

20. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Mon 24th January 2011 – Kempton 3.50 – CHILLI GREEN – £60 each way @ 9/4 BET365 – WON @ 13/8 Favourite – Profit £162

Steve

21. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE – Sun 23rd January 2011 – Leopardstown 1.45 – SALUDOS £60 each way @ 9/2 BET365 – Unplaced at 5/1 (BOG).

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Sun 23rd January 2011 – Leopardstown – PENNY’S BILL £60 each way @ 14/1 BET365 – Brought down well going well @ 10/1.

RACING POST golf this weekend yielded a £526.50 profit at £15.00 a point on advised selections including the winner of the Abu Dhabi open in MARTIN KAYMER £60 each way @ 8/1 with VICTOR CHANDLER.

What a great punting weekend

22. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE – Sat 22nd January 2011 – The three selections today were all non-runners.

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Sat 22nd January 2011 – Ascot 2.55 – SHALONE – £60 each way @ 14/1 BET365 – Unplaced.

Had a lovely winner on my NAG ME bets in the 2.55 Ascot – £15 each way on TIGER ‘TOOLE @ 50/1 VICTOR CHANDLER – won @ 40/1 Profit £937.

PAUL RUFFY’s WINNINGRACINGTIPS gave a great 7/1 winner – with all my transactions today I made just over £1600 – What a nice day – Steve

23. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Fri 21st January 2011 – Lingfield 4.15 – ADVERTISMENT – £120.00 each way @ 7/2 BET365 – WON @ 11/4 Favourite easily – Profit £504.

Get in there !!!

24. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Thurs 20th January 2011 – Lingfield 2.20 – MERALS CHOICE – £60 each way @ 8/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 10/1 (BOG).

Never at the races !!!

25. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Wed 19th January 2011 – Newcastle 2.15 – CAVERS GLEN – £60 each way @ 7/2 BET365 – WON @ 5/1 (BOG) – £360 profit.

KEEP THE FAITH !!!!

26. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Tues 18th January 2011 – Southwell 2.00 – PRIZE FIGHTER – £60 each way @ 7/2 BET365 – Unplaced @ 9/2 (BOG).

Another disappointing selection by the Pricewise team !!

27. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Mon 17th January 2011 – Plumpton 2.10 – BOBBY DONALD – £120.00 Win @ 5/2 BET365 – Unplaced @ 6/4 Favourite.

Desperate stuff.

• Richard Whelan says:

Hello Steve,
      I can see that you’re making a reasonable profit on your bets as I am. I suppose it’s all about patience and disipline in the end and not about getting the money on although that is hard enough! If you have a reasonable source of winners it’s full steam ahead and I regularly back Pricewise. I wrote a book a few years ago, Strategic Advance, about horserace betting and yes, contrary to public opinion, it is possible to win long term backing horses!

28. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Sun 16th January 2011 – Fairyhouse 3.25 – IMALLHALL – £60 each way @ 11/2 BET365 – Unplaced @ 8/1 (BOG).

29. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Sat 15th January 2011 – Naas 2.40 – HAROLDS CROSS – £60 each way @ 8/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 11/4 Favourite.

30. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE – Sat 15th January 2011 – Kempton 3.35 – THE BETCHWORTH KID – £60 each way – £25 each way WILLIAM HILL @ 13/2 – £35 each way BET365 @ 6/1 – Unplaced @ 3/1 Favourite.

PRICEWISE gave a selection at Warwick which was a non runner plus they had already advised LONG RUN @ 7/1 for the KING GEORGE at Kempton which i stupidly ignored.

WINNIGRACINGTIPS did however give RIVERSIDE THEATRE in the same race so I had £44 each way @ 16/1 with BET365 ( 1/4 the odds ). As you all know it came second for a nice profit.

31. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Wolverhampton 4.10 – RIGHTCAR DOMINIC – £ 120.00 each way – £10 each way WILLIAM HILL @ 50/1 – £ 50.00 eac way @ 22/1 BET365 – £ 25.00 each way @ PADDY POWER @ 25/1 – £ 35.00 each way @ 28/1 CORALS – Unplaced ( Fourth at 25/1 slowly away ) .

The above shows how difficult it is just to get £ 240.00 on at 50/1 within 8 minutes – Steve

32. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Thurs 13th January 2011 – Southwell 2.00 – BIGALO VERA B – £60 each way @ 8/1 BET365 – SECOND @ 7/1 ( Beaten a head – would have won in another stride ) PROFIT £36.

33. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Wed 12th January 2011 – Kempton 7.15 – NOVILLERO – £60 each way @ 12/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 9/1.

Had two unplaced NAG ME selections @ £15 each way however the Third selection WAABEL in the 3.00 Lingfield won @ 11/1 Bet365 – SP was 8/1 – £15 each way returned £228 so £138 profit on Nag Me’s.

34. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Tues 11th January 2011 – Newcastle 2.10 – SHREWD INVESTOR – £60 each way @7/1 BET365 – Pulled Up @ 6/1.

Had a nice 11/2 winner in MASTER LEON in Southwell 3.50 – £15.00 each way @ 11/2 with WILLIAM HILL Won @ 5/1. Plus under the ALL WEATHER system i had £100 on FINNS RAINBOW in 2.20 Southwell @ 11/10 with BET365 – WON @ 8/11.

Backed TORQUAY/CREWE over 2.5 goals on MR X advice – £100 @ 8/11 with CORALS Bet won in the 59th minute as TORQUAY lead 2-1.

Not a bad day’s trading

Steve

35. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Mon 10th January 2011 – Taunton 4.15 – ROYAL KICKS – £60 each way @ 11/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 10/1.

36. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE – Sun 9th January 2011 – 2.25 Leopardstown – FINAL APPROACH – £60 each way @ 9/1 VICTOR CHANDLER – WON 6/1 – Profit £675

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Sun 9th January 2011 – 1.50 Leopardstown – ORGANISEDCONFUSION – £60 each way @ 11/1 BET365 – THIRD 8/1 – Profit £105

My own selection today was a dead certain win Double both at Southwell on the Fibresand – £100 win double DONTPAYTHEFERRYMAN @ 1/2 with DUBAI HILLS @ 4/6 with VICTOR CHANDLER – Both won at 2/5 and 4/7 returning £250 for £150 Profit.

Also picked up good place money on the Golf in the African Open with CHRIS WOODS getting beat in the play-off £15.00 each way @ 35/1 and JACO VAN ZYL Finishing joint second £22.50 each way @ 33/1 both with BET365.

A CHRIS WOODS win would have capped the day off

KEEP THE FAIH

37. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE – Sat 8th January 2011 – Chepstow 1.45 – SYNCHRONISHED – £60 each way @ 9/2 LADBROKES – WON @ 5/1 (BOG) – DANCE ISLAND – £60 each way @8/1 PADDY POWER – Upnplaced @ 12/1 (BOG).

PRICEWISE – Sat 8th January 2011 – Sandown 3.15 – FIENDISH FLAME – £60 each way @ 8/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 4/1 Fav.

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Sat 8th January 2011 – Chepstow 3.25 – JAUNTY JOURNEY – £60 each way @ 6/1 BET365 – Unplaced @ 5/1.

38. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Fri 7th January 2011 – LUJEANNIE – £60 Each way @ 11/2 BET365 – Unplaced @ 3/1 Fav ( 3rd of 6 never got into the race ).

39. Steve Deltasix says:

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Wed 5th January 2011 – Kempton 4.35 – PIZZARRA – £60 each way @ 6/1 BET365 – unplaced @13/2 (BOG).

PRICEWISE EXTRA – Thurs 6th January 2011 – Wolverhampton 4.10 – JUARLA – £120 each way @ 9/1 BET365 – WON 13/2 Profit £1296.00

Now that is KEEPING THE FAITH !!!

Steve

40. Steve Deltasix says:

Hi Chris – thanks for your comments – I started full time as a ” Professional Gambler ” on the 17th June 2010 as being left some money – I put a certain amount to use for betting banks and fingers crossed its started well. You have to be very disciplined and not to impulse bet – always remember that if you have a losing day – Tomorrow is another opportunity to have a winning day.

KEEP THE FAITH at all time

Steve

41. Chris says:

Wow, that’s opened my eyes a bit. At the moment I’m using Paul’s tips and my own tips. I suppose the beauty of having lots of systems is that if one is failing than hopefully another is producing profits. I’ll definitely check out some of the sites that you recommended; thanks for that.
    When did you decide to take the plunge from your 9-5 to sports investment analysis? (Is that just a fancy name for professional gambler?) That’s got to be the ultimate gamble.
    I’m hoping for a good year on the betting front this year. I’m now a lot more disciplined and selective with what I bet on; I also try to avoid the urge to bet on impulse. I’ve had a small wager on England winning the final test in the Ashes. I can’t see the Ozzies batting out for a draw for the final day and a half, so hopefully I’ll wake up with good news. I also wouldn’t be surprised to wake up to find out some prem managers have been given the push. I’ve backed Houllier to go next, but as a Lpool fan wouldn’t be too disppointed to see Hodgson go.

Thanks for the posts-very insightful.

I hope I can answer this maths problem now, last time my post wasn’t accepted so I must have got the question wrong and had to re-type this.
    Chris